ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119 Software Testing is an internationally agreed set of standards for software testing that can be used within any software development life cycle or organisation. By implementing these standards, you will be adopting the only internationally-recognised and agreed standards for software testing, which will provide your organisation with a high-quality approach to testing that can be communicated throughout the world.
There are currently five standards in the series:
- ISO/IEC 29119-1: Concepts & Definitions
- ISO/IEC 29119-2: Test Processes
- ISO/IEC 29119-3: Test Documentation
- ISO/IEC 29119-4: Test Techniques
- ISO/IEC 29119-5: Keyword Driven Testing
These standards subsume (replace) a number of existing software testing standards, including:
- IEEE 829 Test Documentation
- IEEE 1008 Unit Testing
- BS 7925-1 Vocabulary of Terms in Software Testing
- BS 7925-2 Software Component Testing Standard
Related standards include:
- ISO/IEC 33063: Process Assessment Model
- ISO/IEC 20246 Work Product Reviews
The ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119 standards are developed and maintained by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7/WG26 (Working Group 26 – Software Testing).